Veneers are typically placed on the six to ten visible teeth in your smile. Some reasons to choose porcelain veneers over other types of veneers include:
- Ability to match the color of porcelain veneers to your existing teeth for seamless integration and a natural looking smile – You can choose a precise shade and color of porcelain veneers to improve the color of one or more stained teeth, usually in the upper jaw, giving you the desired smile.
- Minimal tooth removal – The placement of all types of veneers requires the dentist to shave down some of the tooth enamel to create room for bonding. But since porcelain veneers are considerably stronger and tougher than other porcelain veneers, very little enamel is extracted. This means that you experience little to no discomfort during tooth preparation.
- Preservation of the integrity of your teeth – Based on the previous point, it means that you can preserve more of your tooth structure, and your natural tooth is not weakened. Furthermore, bonding with tough porcelain veneers significantly improves the strength of the teeth.
- Adjust the size of your teeth – You can make subtle to moderate changes to your teeth depending on your unique needs. porcelain veneers come in thicknesses of between 0.3mm and 0.5mm, while conventional porcelain veneers have a minimum thickness of 0.5mm. Porcelain veneers allow for more flexibility.
- Increased durability – Traditional porcelain veneers are prone to cracks and chips because of their thickness. porcelain veneers are harder and thinner, offering superior durability.
If you are a suitable candidate for veneers, porcelain veneers will give you the most beautiful and natural appearance, and the longest lasting dental cosmetic repair available.